Monday, February 4, 2008

Packing up the Memories

I'm going through every closet and cabinet and finding mementos of 30+ years. Today I ran across a photo album of the babies I've helped deliver. The little mommies wrote me notes and I've saved them. It's amazing and humbling and awesome to look back over these and know that I was there when these lives began. Everybody remembers who was there when their babies were born.

There was one girl who had lost a baby the year before her baby was born. And I remember feeling like it was my fault that she lost her baby. But, all she could do was thank me for helping her when her son was born. She sent me Christmas cards for years.

I guess that's what I've done all my life, help women. I'm assuming there is someone in Arizona who needs me.

I'm weeping, Caroline says that if you don't cry when you blog then you aren't really blogging.

More later.

9 comments:

carolineb said...

I want to come help you pack so I can see all your memories, although it will in no way be in support of your possible move.

Chip B said...

Debbie Does the Desert ... well, it caught my eye! I just found out about the relocation last week. Dear God ... save camp, please! Somebody out there must really, really need you for God to move you! Hope we get a chance to visit ... I've never been there. Keep your spirits up ... there's much to do, and you're going to take the desert by storm.

AnnieBlogs said...

Debs, I cry often when I blog. And I feel certain I will cry often when you blog.

h. said...

DEBBIE!! You are a NATURAL blogger! I love it ..and I love you. I can't wait to read more.

I've been known to pack a good box. Just FYI. And I clean better at other peoples houses than my own. Let's have a party.

h. said...

just to clarify:::by party.. i dont mean celebrate the move. i mean party because we are cool.

The Adairs said...

Deb, even if you weren't there to deliver Hutch, you sure impacted my life. You helped me prepare for where I am now, and for that I am so thankful. I love you more than you know. There are tons of people you'll impact in Arizona just as you've impacted in Marietta...

jenny said...

awww Debs!! Your about to make me cry right here in my little ole cube at work! I am so excited for you and this new season. I know I'm not as wise as yourself, but call me when you need a ear...since I made my move to good ole NC only a year ago, I know how it goes and feels. I can't wait to hear all your stories from Arizona, and the lives you will impact there! You have been such an inspiration to me and my cause to want to help women and their babies too! It all started when you lead me to the Lord. I love you so, and hope I get to see you before you go. Keep us all updated! We love you!
-Jenny J Cain :)

AmyFritch said...

I knew you'd be great at blogging! I'm not writing anything mushy about AZ. I can't stand the move. And I don't even live in Marietta anymore. blog on, MD

Writeaway said...

What a joy to see you last night - and now you're in Arizona. I can't really grasp that. We've been friends for years and our oldest girls are like sisters. So are we.